Figures and statistics for Raffinerie Heide All key data and facts & figures for the refinery at a glance
We are pleased to present an overview of the most relevant figures and statistics for Raffinerie Heide in this section, as well as further information on the following pages (e.g. Products, Responsibility and Careers).
Facts and figures at a glance
- Middle distillates refinery with a major petrochemicals focus
- Part of the Klesch Group (UK) since 2010
- Total capacity 4.5 million tonnes per year
- Processor of crude oil from global and domestic sources
- Our own power station outputs 48.5 MW of electricity
- 1.7 billion-euro turnover (2016)
- 33.0 million euros in investment (2016)
- 500 employees
- 30 trainees in three trades (70% male and 30% female)
- More than 50% of our employees have been with us for at least 20 years
- Average age 45
- At any one time around 250 employees from partner companies work at Raffinerie Heide
Crude oil supply
Crude oil comes from Germany’s Mittelplate offshore oil field and all round the world. The oil is delivered via the 32-km pipeline from Brunsbüttel to Hemmingstedt.
Raffinerie Heide’s tank farm capacity in Hemmingstedt and Brunsbüttel
Heide 460.000 m3
Brunsbüttel 510.000 m3
Gesamt 970.000 m3
Size of Raffinerie Heide
Site area 134 hectares
We work efficiently to ensure our success.
To us, being successful means making a profit. This ensures continuous optimisation of the refinery and staff development while also enabling us to build a solid foundation on which we can continue to maintain our position as a leading company in the region. We are thus able to yield a return for our investors that makes it possible for us to maintain our high standards. Management and staff are therefore committed to optimising and expanding margin potential on a continuous basis and to efficiently managing the funds available. Only by sensitising all staff members to an effective cost/benefit view on a regular basis can we ensure our long-term success.